Cayuga Medical Associates will reduce or eliminate patient financial responsibility for necessary and appropriate treatment and prevention in situations where the individual requiring treatment qualifies under financial hardship guidelines. Determination of financial hardship is based upon the income and assets available directly to the patient (applicant), or indirectly available through a parent or legal guardian. Cayuga Medical Associates uses the most current Federal Poverty Income Guidelines as a basis for these determinations. Each applicant for assistance must complete a written application and provide any information that is reasonably necessary to verify financial information.
Please contact our Customer Service Representatives at 607-882-0010, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, to arrange a payment plan or obtain the application to apply for financial assistance.
Our Financial Assistance Policy
- Cayuga Medical Associates is dedicated to providing care, regardless of ability to pay.
- Your financial circumstances will not affect the care you receive. All patients are treated with respect and fairness.
- All applications for financial assistance will be kept completely confidential. The information is shared only with individuals responsible for determining your eligibility.
- Patients may apply for financial assistance anytime. You will have at least 90 days from the date of service to apply and will have 30 days to submit a completed application including all required documentation.
- If you have no or limited health insurance coverage, or have exhausted your insurance benefits and/or have limited financial resources, you may be eligible for free or discounted services.
- Payment plans are available with monthly payments and no interest.
- If you do not qualify for financial assistance but believe you have special circumstances, you can request that your case be reviewed.
- Everyone who lives in Cayuga Medical Associates’ Primary Service Area may be considered for financial assistance. This includes Broome, Cayuga, Chemung, Cortland, Schuyler, Seneca, Tioga, and Tompkins counties.
- Consideration for financial assistance is contingent on your willingness to provide appropriate financial documentation (i.e. copies of tax returns, pay stubs).
- You are responsible for applying for financial assistance. CMA will make applications easily available.