Please note that starting Monday, May 6,
Care Connections will be located at 1301 Trumansburg Road, Suite R
What is the Care Connections Clinic?
Cayuga Medical Associates is committed to easing the transition from your hospital stay to you returning to your life. We want to keep you healthy and lessen the chance of a return to the Emergency Department or an additional hospital stay. The Care Connections Clinic is a program of Internal Medicine of CMA. It was created to provide patients with coordinated, patient-centered healthcare for when they leave the hospital.
Our hours of operation are Monday to Thursday, 8:00a to 4:30p. We are closed on Friday.
You may reach us by calling (607) 277-2170.
An outward-facing approach to healthcare
- A more proactive outreach to prevent readmissions.
- An extension of Internal Medicine of CMA, reaching out to the community.
- A more efficient healthcare system.
- Primary Care for patients without a Primary Care Physician
Our comprehensive healthcare team consists of:
- Joel Ford, MD
- Jillian Senner, DO
Transitions of Care Management
- Streamline and standardize how post-discharge follow-up appointments are scheduled.
- Physician-directed medication reconciliation:
- Your physician will compare your medication orders to all of the medications that you have been taking.
- This reconciliation is done to avoid medication errors such as omissions, duplications, dosing errors, or drug interactions.
- Check needed labs, weight, and vitals after discharge.
- Monitor use of insulin, anti-hypertensives, diuretics, steroids, etc.
- Coordinate specialty follow-up care.
- Follow up on incidental findings and reinforce appropriate follow up.
- Patient education