What is the Care Connections Clinic of CMA?
Cayuga Medical Associates is committed to easing the transition from your hospital stay to you returning to your life. We want to keep you healthy and lessen the chance of a return to the Emergency Department or an additional hospital stay. The Care Connections Clinic of CMA was created to provide patients with coordinated, patient-centered healthcare for when they leave the hospital.
Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8:00a to 4:30p
You may reach us by calling (607) 339-0494.
An outward-facing approach to healthcare
- A more proactive outreach to prevent readmissions.
- An extension of the hospitalist group reaching out to the community.
- A more efficient healthcare system.
Our comprehensive healthcare team consists of:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Medical Assistant
- CAP Community Care Registered Nurses
Transitions of Care Management
- Streamline and standardize how post-discharge follow-up appointments are scheduled.
- Physician-directed medication reconciliation:
- Your physician will compare your medication orders to all of the medications that you have been taking.
- This reconciliation is done to avoid medication errors such as omissions, duplications, dosing errors, or drug interactions.
- Check needed labs, weight, and vitals after discharge.
- Monitor use of insulin, anti-hypertensives, diuretics, steroids, etc.
- Coordinate specialty follow-up care.
- Follow up on incidental findings and reinforce appropriate follow up.
- Patient education
- Our physician just discharged you from the hospital. They know you, the progress you have made, and know best about your follow-up care.
- On-site laboratory services, pharmacy, emergency department at Cayuga Medical Center.
- Close access to wellness coaches and community care registered nurses.